Northern Illinois University’s Center for P-20 Engagement collaborates with internal and external partners to provide leadership and promote innovation by fostering interdisciplinary learning communities and initiatives which increase educational success.
The STEAM Works team offers a wide variety of professional development opportunities. From conferences and workshops to custom designed experiences on location, we can work with you to STEAM up your students’ learning.
Several offerings can be delivered at your school or location as a single-day or multi-day experience. Experts from STEAM Works are always willing to work with you to develop a program that fits your needs.
Whether it is a half-day workshop during a teacher institute day, a series of sessions throughout the school year, collaboration on developing a STEM or STEAM program for your school, or a one-time consultation, our team is happy to work with you to design an experience that will best fit your needs. Contact us to learn more.
- Half-day or Full-Day Workshops, may also include follow-up sessions
- Institute Day Programs
- Short Sessions, perfect for After School, Early Release, or Break Out Sessions
- Ongoing Coaching
- Informal Curriculum Development and Support
On Campus Opportunities
STEAM Works Areas of Expertise
The STEAM Works team has a broad range of expertise. Below is a list of sample topics.
- Conducting a STEM Read Field Trip
- Elementary – 3 hour workshop
- MS or HS – 5 hour workshop
- STEM/STEAM and Storytelling
- Designing Hands-On Labs
- STEM to STEAM
- Engineering Design
- Project-Based Learning
- Informal STEM Teaching Strategies
- Implementing STEM/STEAM Programming
- Makers and Maker Spaces
- Economics and STEM
- Stock Market Game
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Technology tools and applications to support STEAM